Additional information about the Wildlife Overlook will be updated here. To review the site plan and previous Island Report articles, select the links below.
Revised Site Plan ~ reviewed and approved by the BHA Board February 25, 2021.
The Board approved reducing the depth of the reptile viewing platform by 5 feet, lessening its extension over the water. The platform remains in the original footprint. The Board also approved the removal of the marl walkway from the bird-viewing area to the parking area. This redundant walkway will instead be replaced with additional trees/vegetation.
Original Site Plan ~ as shown as approved by the BHA Board March 2020. As with any construction, site conditions may require changes during construction, and details indicated on the plan may not be reflective of the final product.
Island Report Articles:
- January 2020 — Architect Hired
- April 2020 — Wildlife Overlook Takes Shape
- September 2020 — New to BHA? The Wildlife Overlook on Stede Bonnet Wynd
- October 2020 — Wildlife Overlook Update
- December 2020 — Wildlife Overlook Update
- January 2021 — 2021 BHA Annual Assessments