Registering your Golf Cart
Golf Cart must be registered with the Village. The initial registration of a golf cart (first time on island, initial application) must be completed at the Department of Public Safety with staff. Link to Village BHI home page for golf cart registration information, click HERE.
Golf cart rules: Think of the same laws when you drive your car on the mainland. Violation of laws or ordinances will result law enforcement action, up to and including going to jail.
- You must have a valid driver's license to operate a golf cart on Bald Head Island.
- Drivers with a learner's permit must have a licensed driver accompany them.
- Open alcoholic beverage containers are prohibited in golf carts;
- The speed limit is enforced (18 mph);
- Careless or reckless driving is prohibited;
- Driving while intoxicated (alcohol or drugs) is not tolerated
- Passengers should remain seated while golf carts are in motion.
- Children are NOT allowed to sit on the lap of golf cart operators.
- Allow Internal Combustion Vehicles to pass when possible, pull to the right side of road.
- Do not hold onto golf carts while riding in-line skates, skateboards or bicycles.