FOR MEDICAL/FIRE EMERGENCIES: DIAL 911
DEPT. OF PUBLIC SAFETY - VILLAGE OF BALD HEAD ISLAND
The Village of Bald Head Island provides medical, police, fire and water rescue services through its combined Public Safety Department (PSD). The operations building/fire station is located at 273 Edward Teach Extension, Bald Head Island, NC.
- Onsite Dosher “walk-in” Medical Clinic — Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm at the Public Safety Department. Staffed by a Physician’s Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner on premises, it operates from the day after Memorial Day until Labor Day (closed on July 4, 2019). Call 910-457-5252. Visit website HERE.
- Paramedic-level Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days.
- Transport to an appropriate medical facility is available by ferry or helicopter.
- A Water Rescue Boat is onsite.
- Walk-in Medicals: Treatment room located at the Fire Station at 273 Edward Teach Extension, Bald Head Island, NC.
- A big-wheel beach chair is available for special needs individuals to use.
DOSHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL & CLINICS
DOSHER MEDICAL-BHI — Walk-in Clinic on Bald Head Island:
- Onsite Dosher Medical-BHI “walk-in” medical clinic — Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm at the Public Safety Department (273 Edward Teach Ext.). Staffed by a Physician’s Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner on premises, it operates from the day after Memorial Day until Labor Day (closed on July 4, 2019). Call 910-457-5252. Visit website HERE.
J. Arthur Dosher Memorial Hospital
- 924 N. Howe Street, Southport, NC 28461 (at the corner of Fodale Avenue and N. Howe St.)
- 910-454-3800 www.dosher.org
Dosher Medical Plaza
- Diagnostic Imaging, Laboratory, and Medical Offices
- 4222 Long Beach Road (near the airport), Southport, NC 28461
NOVANT HEALTH BRUNSWICK MEDICAL CENTER
- Emergency Room open 24 hours
- 240 Hospital Drive, Bolivia, NC 28422
MED FIRST SOUTHPORT — Primary & Urgent Care
- 5130 Southport Supply Road, Southport, NC 28461
- Monday-Friday 8am-8pm / Saturday 10am-6pm / Sunday 10am-4pm
NEW HANOVER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- 2131 S. 17th Street Wilmington, NC 28401
- 5006 Southport Crossing Way, Southport, NC 28461
- 1531 N. Howe Street Southport, NC 28461
WALMART SUPER CENTER:
- 1675 N. Howe Street Southport, NC 28461
- Pharmacy: 910-454-9950
CAROLINAS POISON CONTROL CENTER: 1-800-222-1222
EMERGENCY SERVICES OF BRUNSWICK COUNTY:
- 3325 Old Ocean Highway Bolivia, NC 28422
- Phone: 1-800-522-2366 Fax: 910-253-4451 www.BrunswickES.com
- Hurricane Hotline: 1-800-522-2366
- Emergency Shelters — Primary Sites: South Brunswick High School - Hwy. 87, Southport, 910-845-2203 and West Brunswick High School - Hwy 130W, Shallotte, 910-754-4338
- For the American Red Cross, call 910-762-2683
A 2 Z HOME MEDICAL:
- Susan K. Craig, RN, BS, HNC 2309 S. 17th Street, Ste. 100, Wilmington, NC 28403
- Office: 910-392-5806 / 866-287-5850 / Fax: 910-397-2867
- ACHC Accredited
COASTAL HEALTH CARE PRODUCTS:
- 1635-H North Howe Street Southport, NC
Cape Fear Courier Service, Inc.
Specializes in urgent, same-day deliveries in southeastern NC. These services are available 24/7. Examples of our service: healthcare, homecare, pharmacy goods, documents or packages up to 75lbs. Customer privacy is always #1. NC Certified, bonded and insured
Name: Anthony Commesso
NEED A PRESCRIPTION DELIVERED TO BALD HEAD ISLAND?
Galloway-Sands Pharmacy in Southport, NC, delivers prescriptions to the Island-side ferry landing. Call 910-454-9090 for details.